New Lounger
    Thanks
    I've mistakenly added the US holidays twice to the Outlook 2010 calendar and now can't find a way to delete them. I don't want to have to delete my .pst file and start from scratch over something so trivial, but I also don't want to see the holidays displayed twice. Any suggestions?

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Michel Styles View Post
    I've mistakenly added the US holidays twice to the Outlook 2010 calendar and now can't find a way to delete them.
    Use a Table (also called a List) view to locate Holidays and delete them. I'm not using 2010, in 2003 the alternative views are under View | Arrange By | Current Views | Events.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    [acronym title="Gday mate!"][/acronym] [acronym title="What up Dude?"][/acronym] UTC -7±DS

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Tried using that view, but I still have to delete them individually. I am looking for a way to remove US holidays completely. If you are able to add them, there should be a way to remove them. It's not usual for any software to have a one-way option such as this, unless it was just missed in the design.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Tried using that view, but I still have to delete them individually. I am looking for a way to remove US holidays completely. If you are able to add them, there should be a way to remove them.
    No need to do them individually with a little creative thinking. Sort them by subject then select them in groups using Ctrl-Click, then delete all at once. If that's taking too long, display the "created" field in the field chooser sort by it, then select them all by clicking on the first and shift-clicking on the last, then delete them. See http://www.slipstick.com/calendar/holidaydupes.asp

Another approach is add the Location column if it's not showing, and sort by that field, then bulk delete the same way.

Any of these approaches will enable you to delete all US Holidays including dupes and then re-enter them.

It's not usual for any software to have a one-way option such as this, unless it was just missed in the design.
    Outlook has not had an easy way to bulk delete holidays since it's inception, and Microsoft has chosen to do nothing about it.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    [acronym title="Gday mate!"][/acronym] [acronym title="What up Dude?"][/acronym] UTC -7±DS

6. The Following User Says Thank You to JohnBF For This Useful Post:

Flintstoneuser (2014-06-01)