Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quite often when I type in an address in IE 8 and hit the go to button it frequently lands me on the Bing search engine page with the website I am after being on the list of results. Am I doing something to cause this or are others having this problem? I am spelling the domain address properly and am oblivious to what else I am doing that could cause this. Any suggestions?

Thanks
    I would check a couple of things first. Tools/Internet Options/Home Page. What is your listed home page? If it happens to be Bing then perhaps if IE is unable to find the requested page it is loading your selected home page. Next, what are you using as your default search engine? Have you loaded any search engines other than the default Bing engine? Select the drop down arrow next to the search bar in IE. What do you see. You can load any number of search engines and choose the default of you choice. I chose Google, but sometimes use Bing as well. Perhaps when IE can not find the page you specified it is going to the default search page and searching for your page. If Bing is set as your default this would make sense.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Myers View Post
    I would check a couple of things first. Tools/Internet Options/Home Page. What is your listed home page? If it happens to be Bing then perhaps if IE is unable to find the requested page it is loading your selected home page. Next, what are you using as your default search engine? Have you loaded any search engines other than the default Bing engine? Select the drop down arrow next to the search bar in IE. What do you see. You can load any number of search engines and choose the default of you choice. I chose Google, but sometimes use Bing as well. Perhaps when IE can not find the page you specified it is going to the default search page and searching for your page. If Bing is set as your default this would make sense.
    I have Yahoo as my home page. I had already disabled Bing as the default engine also. Thanks for the suggestion anyway Ted!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Carroll View Post
    I had already disabled Bing as the default engine also.
    This might be related. I entered a non-existent URL and got a Dell-branded Google search page. This was a surprise, as my address bar search setting (Tools > Internet Options > Advanced tab) is not to search. The cause was a Dell add-on. I found it under Tools > Internet Options > Programs > Manage Add-ons, disabled it and restarted, and now, no search when I enter a nonfunctional URL.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jscher2000 View Post
    This might be related. I entered a non-existent URL and got a Dell-branded Google search page. This was a surprise, as my address bar search setting (Tools > Internet Options > Advanced tab) is not to search. The cause was a Dell add-on. I found it under Tools > Internet Options > Programs > Manage Add-ons, disabled it and restarted, and now, no search when I enter a nonfunctional URL.
    I'll try it. Thanks!

Thanks
    I guess the reason I did not see this action is that when I loaded Win 7 on my PCs I used MS versions and did not load the manufacturer specific stuff, most of which seems to be garbage that in my case, Sony thinks I need.

This however was a great find, thanks Jeff.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Thanks
    I guess the reason I did not see this action is that when I loaded Win 7 on my PCs I used MS versions...
    I forgot to mention that I run Windows XP. So IE8 did come from MS as an update, but somehow the Dell BHO snuck in there anyway. Very odd.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Yup, such was the story with my hp dv4-1485nr notebook. Came with very invasive hp software, all of which I removed and then ran the Auslogics registry cleaner to repair the registry after pulling out these major applications. MY BOOT SPEED DOUBLED! That's how much difference it made! You're better off with the straight Windows 7 Home Premium operating system.
    I guess the reason I did not see this action is that when I loaded Win 7 on my PCs I used MS versions and did not load the manufacturer specific stuff, most of which seems to be garbage that in my case, Sony thinks I need.

This however was a great find, thanks Jeff.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I finally solved this thanks to your suggestion. The address bar search setting was the culprit! Thanks so much! I love this lounge! It has helped me so much! Thanks everyone for your help! And "Thank you," to the folks at Windows secrets for adding the lounge!