New Lounger
    Thanks
    Today I tried to start xp mode and was unsuccessful. I got the error " XP Mode could not be restored because of either host processor type mismatch or lack of hardware assisted virtualization support in the system "

I have a Intel Q6600 Quad processor. I ran hardware test tool and it stated that I have a compatable system. I went into the bios and VT is enabled but I can't get it working yet. I once downloaded XP Mode and then downloaded it again today and told it to run and it stated it was on my system and I clicked Finish to clear the screen. I have ATI 3650 graphics card with 1 GB of ram and my system has 4 GB of ram.

Thanks

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    You should post your version of Windows 7. Home Premium and Basic/starter do not have XP mode.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have Windows 7 Professional 64-bit version. Sorry should of ben more careful.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Found this on the web:

There are quite a few people who seems to have similar problem where the BIOS settings enabling hardware virtualization support (Intel VT
    or AMD-V) toggles to disabled mode from being enabled.

A quick work around would be to restart your PC and enter the System BIOS and forcibly set Virtualisation to Disabled then logon to Windows 7. Once done, restart the system and enter BIOS again and this time, enable the virtualization mode. Save and restart into Windows 7.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Monroe View Post
    Found this on the web:

There are quite a few people who seems to have similar problem where the BIOS settings enabling hardware virtualization support (Intel VT
    or AMD-V) toggles to disabled mode from being enabled.

A quick work around would be to restart your PC and enter the System BIOS and forcibly set Virtualisation to Disabled then log on to Windows 7. Once done, restart the system and enter BIOS again and this time, enable the virtualization mode. Save and restart into Windows 7.
    I may be wrong but I heard some where that Microsoft have created a patch so hardware virtualization is no longer required.
    But as I say I only heard not know or sure. But here is a link to the statement.

http://blogs.msdn.com/usisvde/archiv...-hardware.aspx
    Clive

All typing errors are my own work and subject to patents pending. Except errors by the spell checker. And that has its own patients.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Everything you need, including the patch for running XP Mode on non-VT processors can be found here: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/vir.../download.aspx
    Chuck

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mary G View Post
    You should post your version of Windows 7. Home Premium and Basic/starter do not have XP mode.
    How To Geek has posted a method to obtain XP Mode (similar but not exactly the same) for Win 7 Home Premium. It does require a licensed copy of Win XP, but runs in an XP Mode environment rather than a dual boot configuration.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy