Lounger
    Thanks
    I am using Thunderbird 3.0.1 on a Win7, 64-bit machine. I transferred my email & profiles from an older Thunderbird version (don't know which one) using MozBackup. There are 2 things I have noticed that don't work properly. The most annoying is that I cannot move or copy emails from one folder or account to another. The attached picture will show you what happens when I try to move a file. There is a little square that seems to block the menu item, so that no destination menu comes up. However, I can click on the Archive button and the email will go there. I can't transfer it anywhere, however. (Of course, I could save it to a HD as an html file, or something.)

The other problem may be related to the first: I had set up numerous filters so that various emails would go into different local folders. The filters filter out the emails, all right, but they do not go into the folders. All the folders are there, but stay empty. When I unchecked all the filters, it looked like I was receiving the messages again in their original email folders. When I re-activate the filters, however, the target folders stay empty, but I occasionally catch a message from the program saying that it is in the process of deleting the messages from the folders. I have completely gotten rid of these folders & set them up again, but nothing changes. I have checked a lot of different email folder & general folder properties, and everything looks fine to me. Has anyone heard of a problem like this? I am a little concerned that there may be huge piles of inaccessible emails clogging up my drive somewhere.

I like the new tabbed browsing, so I would prefer not to go back to an older build of the program.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I'm never in denial." -- D. Rhine

Lounger
    Thanks
    Any takers on this? I tried to research this before I posted it here, but I can't find a thing.

Thanks
    I also have W7-64 and am using T'bird, I have version 3.0.4 and am not having any problems with filters or moving emails around. When I set up first though I did not use MozBackup, but rather copied my profile directories over manually. Right now I access just one g-mail account with it using imap instead of pop3.
    Have you tried to re-install?
    Do you "Believe"? Do you vote? Please Read:
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    DETAIL in your question promotes DETAIL in my answer.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(

Lounger
    Thanks
    Russ,

I have not tried to reinstall yet. It's interesting that I did not get a notice that 3.04 of Tbird is available. The Check for Updates selection is greyed out.

Maybe it IS a messed-up install. I was just hoping to avoid redoing it; thought there might be a quick patch or something. I have a pretty long list of accounts, all either gmail or earthlink. They worked fine before being transferred from my XP box to the Win7--but, then, I installed the profiles into an upgrade of Thunderbird.