2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi,

A few of us in the office share a mailbox. When we send mail "from" that shared mailbox, the sent message is stored in our individual's "sent items" folder.

I'd like messages sent from the shared mailbox to be stored in the "sent items" of the shared mailbox, not the individual's sent items . I would have thought this would be a standard Outlook feature, or one that can be easily implemented by Outlook rules but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Any ideas?

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jmacleod View Post
    A few of us in the office share a mailbox. When we send mail "from" that shared mailbox, the sent message is stored in our individual's "sent items" folder.

I'd like messages sent from the shared mailbox to be stored in the "sent items" of the shared mailbox, not the individual's sent items . I would have thought this would be a standard Outlook feature, or one that can be easily implemented by Outlook rules but that doesn't seem to be the case.
    There was a long discussion in this thread about this issue, and though the poster dropped off and we didn't completely resolve it (and posted code got truncated in the Lounge software conversion), the conclusion was that this has to be done at the Exchange Server Administration level, and cannot be (easily) implemented at the client (user) point. Perhaps a Lounger with Exchange Server Admin experience can help, but follow up with your Exchange Server Admin.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks, I'll check that thread