5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I am re-loading Windows XP on a Sony Vaio laptop. I have it updated to SP3. Under Device Manager, it shows that there is a MASS STORAGE CONTROLLER that needs a driver. I have tried to find and install a driver by going online but it can not find the driver. I have downloaded some drivers from SONY but nothing that specifies the name of MASS STORAGE CONTROLLER. Is there some other wording that may be applicable? What exactly is a MASS STORAGE CONTROLLER?

Thanks for your help.

Thanks
    This is probably referring to USB Mass Storage Controllers, and could also refer to card readers such as SD, etc. Unless this description is listed under Hard Drives, then that is about all it could be.

If you have any card readers in your Vaio, slip one in to see if it is functioning. If not, then there you go. Also try using a USB thumb drive and/or USB external hard drive to see what happens.

Sometimes all it takes is to uninstall the device in Device Manager and rebooting to see if XP will detect it and set it up correctly.

Try Sony Support for updated USB Mass storage drivers for XP if none of this helps.
    Deadeye81

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Gerald - it was the Memory Card Reader - I downloaded and installed it from Sony Support and all is well. Thanks again.

Thanks
    I'm glad you found the solution. Thanks for posting back so others can benefit from your experience.
    Deadeye81

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill