2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi all,
    I am considering installing Comodo Firewall V4, and Sandboxie on my Win7 64 bit notebook. Wondering if anyone favors or objects? My understanding is that both apps are 64 bit capable. Also wondering if anyone has any installation tips. I read that Comodo includes a sandbox!!!, but don't know what version or if there will be a conflict?
    All comments, yeh and neh, are appreciated in advance.
    Michael

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    You should note, but probably still use Sandboxie with the knowledge that it does not have kernel injection access on 64-bit systems (the good side-effect of which is neither does a virus) which can be somewhat limiting in the case of what the program can do, but not what the system can do as a whole if that makes sense. A quote from Sandboxie's notes about its use on 64-bit systems: "Thus in 64-bit Windows, Sandboxie can only "recommend" a program to not go out of the sandbox, but cannot mandate this. A malicious program could easily circumvent Sandboxie by simply ignoring these recommendations."

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    A quote from Sandboxie's notes about its use on 64-bit systems: "Thus in 64-bit Windows, Sandboxie can only "recommend" a program to not go out of the sandbox, but cannot mandate this. A malicious program could easily circumvent Sandboxie by simply ignoring these recommendations."
    That's real interesting. I thought if it works on 64bit system it would not have loopholes.
    Glad I asked.

Thanks
    I still have Sandboxie on my 32 Bit desktop, but not on our 64 Bit laptops. I regularly visit the Sandboxie site and I sincerely hope the manufacturer eventually updates Sandboxie for 64 Bit. This just adds another layer of protection. It's a sorry state when all someone has to do is create problems for others, but since this is reality we all need to be vigilant to keep our PC's safe and secure. The other problem are the millions of PC's owned by novice users that have no concept of the security problems and the fact that their PC's have been hijacked and are being used for nefarious deeds. Every level of protection helps.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy