Star Lounger
    South Carolina, USA
    I was so happy when I thought I finally had it licked. Back in February, I did something I almost never do; ran the registry cleaner in CCleaner. After that, my explorer.exe crashes disappeared, forever, I hoped. Oh well.

It used to crash several times a day and either restart itself or prompt me to do it. It occurred more frequently when the DVD drive was in use, but could do it any time, whether I was using explorer or not. I read somewhere that someone had fixed his by cleaning the registry with CCleaner. Out of ideas, I gave it a try, and voila... all better. Until I plugged in a DVD today. I have probably used the drive 10 times since the crashes disappeared.

I haven't seen much in forums about it lately, but I wonder if everyone that had the problem figured out what (many things, I believe) was causing it, or if they just gave up. Either way, I figured I would post the event viewer log and ask if there any new revelations about the problem.
    This is Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit.

Faulting application name: Explorer.EXE, version: 6.1.7600.16450, time stamp: 0x4aeba271
    Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7600.16385, time stamp: 0x4a5bdadb
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x00051ffe
    Faulting process id: 0x72c
    Faulting application start time: 0x01cae52aefa89b40
    Faulting application path: C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
    Report Id: 406bd0c0-52da-11df-8563-00251127896a

They all say the same thing.
    Thanks for any thoughts on the matter,

The one thing you can try is.Do a system file check this site will show you how to;Sevenforums
    If that doesn't work for you boot your computer from your windows cd & run repair.
    Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them. -Albert Einsten