Thread: Stealing Focus

Lounger
    Thanks
    For a while now I have noticed a strange behavior on my computer. When I am doing a variety of things like reading a news article. When I am scrolling down the page suddenly the page/window I am using suddenly is no longer active and I have to click inside that page to regain focus. This happens on multiple apps. There is no CPU activity spike or nothing to indicate what is stealing the focus. Is there anyway except trial and error to find what app is stealing the focus? I have run a deep virus scan and a deep scan with Malwarebytes and nothing has been found, so I a reasonably sure is is not a virus or some malware but I would like to stop this behavior.

Idea's?

Thanks
    Have a look at Process Explorer v12.03, it's a good tool for helping to track what is going on in the backgrownd. Read up on it's configurations in the forums at Windows Sysinternals.
    You may also what to trim down on some services that are running that you may have littlie uses for. See blackviper for info on that.

To get to the Services, type "services.msc" into run or search, or go to control panel and look under "administrative tools".

These things can be tricky to track down and trial and error may very well be one of your recourses.

Resource Monitor in the performance menu of task manager is also a pretty decent tool as well. Go to the "Overview" section and expand the lower panes.
    (right click on taskbar and "start task manager".
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.