New Lounger
    Thanks
    Dear Experts,

When I upgraded to Office 2007 from Office 2003, my Outlook 2003 outlook.pst file became corrupt. I ran using my archive.pst file which I renamed Outlook.pst, but I noticed that not all of the features of the default outlook.pst file were available. Before I uninstalled office 2007 I renamed my outlook.pst, outlook(2).pst and then fully uninstalled office 2007 and then reinstalled office 2007. After the install was completed and I started Outlook 2007 it said C:/users/Andy/AppData/Local/Microsoft/Outlook/Outlook.pst can not be found. You click OK and it opens a browse window and it shows my old renamed file but it does not let me create a new default Outlook.pst.

Does anybody have any suggestions? I really want to get back to the standard stock installation.

Thanks,

Andy

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Try this:
    Close Outlook.
    Open Windows Explorer and create a new file named Outlook.pst in the directory mentioned above.
    Open Outlook.

cheers, Paul

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by P T View Post
    Try this:
    Close Outlook.
    Open Windows Explorer and create a new file named Outlook.pst in the directory mentioned above.
    Open Outlook.

cheers, Paul
    Hi Paul,

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried it but I could not figure out how to create the new file.
    The other weird thing is that after uninstalling MS Office and then reinstalling it, Outlook remembered all of the old settings.

Andy

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Right click in the directory and select New > Text document. Then rename it Outlook.pst.

cheers, Paul