Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I recently purchased a Verbatim 8 gb USB flash drive with 256 encryption. I was unable to create the "Privacy Zone" on my home computer (XP Home SP3). I ended up formatting the "Privacy Zone" on a spare work computer (also XP, but PRO) on which I have Admin rights. I was then able to access the zone using my password on my normal work computer (XP PRO), on which I do not have Admin rights. Access to the drive's Privacy Zone now seems accessible everywhere but with my own user logon on my own home computer . I can access the secured portion of the flash drive on my wife's and daughter's accounts on my home computer I can not access it using my own account. I have compared running apps, services, etc. and can find no difference between my account and my wife's or daughter's account. I've tried disabling my firewall, Norton Intenet Security, and Windows Defender, as well as all other running programs. I've run a virus/malware scan. I keep getting an error message that says, "Pease insert Store n Go and run as privileged user." That's an interesting message since I can access the zone on my work computer which does not have Admin rights. I figure it's some setting somewhere that's causing my problem. It's got me stumped. Drive read/write function in the "public zone" works just fine. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Try the Verbatim web site for suggestions.

cheers, Paul

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Heggerston View Post
    I can access the secured portion of the flash drive on my wife's and daughter's accounts on my home computer I can not access it using my own account.
    I take it that your wife's and daughter' user accounts are located on the same computer that your user account is located?

Have you tried setting up an alternate user account for yourself on the same computer to see if you can then access?
    Deadeye81

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    The Verbatim website was not very helpful. I also neglected to mention that I had downloaded the latest executable. It was the same version as was on the flash drive, but I overwrote it anyway--same results. The Verbatim support folks weren't very helpful either. They suggested that I just use the drive without encryption. I didn't bother to tell them that if that's what I wanted to do, I would have bought one for half the price. Wife, daughter, and my accounts are indeed on the same computer. I did not try setting up an additional account. That's a good idea, but I really don't want to take up the hard drive space with an additional load of settings. I'm hoping that this problem is just something really simple that I have overlooked. I tried my old 2 gig Verbatim flash drive this morning that has a similar executable, and it still works fine. My first thoughts were that the new drive was defective, but considering the various places where it works properly, I suspect that's not the case.