New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have been trying to extract data from a word 2007 form as a delimited text file.In Word 2007 clicked the Office button, Save As > Word Document > Tools > Save Options, selecting the Advanced tab in the left pane, scrolling to the "Preserve fidelity when sharing this document" section in the right window, checking "Save form data as delimited text file," choosing Plain text (.txt) in the Save as type drop-down menu, and clicking Save > OK. The preview window I get is blank (see picture) and it saves a blank text file. I appreciate your help.

[attachment=88694:New Picture (2).bmp]
    Attached Images Attached Images

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    And is there content in the form fields?

Have you used the legacy form fields or the new content controls?
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I used the new content controls. I tried blank form and the form filled in. same result.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    update: If i create the form fields using legacy tools, the form data is extracted without problem. If i use the newer tools to create from fields, only blank text file is produced. any ideas?

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I haven't done much to play with this so there may be better ways than my suggestion. Rather than producing csv files with the completed form data, the current 'best practice' is to save the file as XML. The downside is there is more preparation time in the template production but the produced data should be much more robust and useable by other programs.

I think you need to bind each of the content controls to a custom XML schema. The easiest way I know of to do this is by using the word 2007 content control toolkit and follow the tutorial provided here Andrew Coates - Linking-word-2007-content-controls-to-custom-xml. Once that is done, you can either extract the custom xml from the zipped docx file or there may be a way to save the xml data only.
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia