4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Dear Loungers,

I want to change the default font. This is mainly because MS Access uses the Windows typeface by default for it's forms and I want to use something other than the delivered typeface. I can't work out how to do this in Windows 7.

thank you........................ liz

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    By default Forms based on the Normal form template, and Reports on the Normal report template.
    So the strategy is to create new templates for each that use the font(s) you like.

For a Form, create a new blank form, and create on it an example of all the various controls you use, then set the properties of each to what you like. Then for each select in turn and click the Control Default button on the Design Tab of the Ribbon. (this means : Make the settings of this control, the default for controls of this type on this form.) When finished Save the form.
    [attachment=88697:controldefault.gif]

Then go to Office..Options..Object Designers , and type in the name of the new form as the Form Template.

This post from Allen Browne explains how to create template databases, which takes this idea further.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Regards
    John

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you John, only just getting to grips with this version. I had always had a base db that I copied but that is at another location this weekend and I remembered that previous versions of Access used the windows fonts that we used to be able to set in the Display Properties. So thank you for this reply.

Sadly my question on the windows forum has been moved, I suppose a moderator thought it was a duplicate since it relates, in part, to Access. However it is annoying since i won't discover how to change the appearance of windows in respect of fonts ich wouud have been a useful.

liz