New Lounger
    Thanks

Arrow

Hi,

I have just lost the ability to summon the right-click menu within any object in Access 2003.

Have used the repair option with no success and would prefer not to uninstall and re-install if other options are available.

Any suggestions please?

Regards

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    You can turn off right click Menus via Tools..Startup. If there is no tick in "Allow Default Shortcut Menus" you won't be able to use the right mouse button. But this is a per database setting.
    Is your problem confined to one database?
    Regards
    John

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks John for pointing me in the right direction.
    My issue was across a range of databases, which had recently been relocated from one network resource to another, wouldn't have thought that would be an issue.
    Anyway, the database that originally showed this issue had all the boxes ticked under the Tools->Startup but when I tried to save the selections I was informed that it couldn't find the application icon, which I know I had not set when I created the db.
    Removing the application icon path restored my ability to use right click menus.
    I looked at a couple of other dbs, and most of the boxes were blank, so re-ticking the boxes restored the right click ability again.
    Can copying/moving, supposedly without any other interaction, cause resetting of 'things' within the dbs?
    Thanks again.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Holzinger View Post
    Can copying/moving, supposedly without any other interaction, cause resetting of 'things' within the dbs?
    It should not affect things like that...but things just happen sometime.
    Glad you sorted the problem.
    Regards
    John