New Lounger
    Thanks
    Just wondering if anyone else has had difficulties getting warranty service on XFX Video Cards? I bought a 9800 Gt card for my son's Christmas present just over 2 years ago. I choose an XFX because of the lifetime warranty, or should I saw supposed lifetime warranty. The original card went bad 14 months after the purchase date so I called XFX and was told that it was out of warranty. What I found out was they changed their policy 2 months before I bought the card, the new policy states that you have to register the card online within 30 days of purchase. If you fail to do that you will only have a 1 year warranty.

Well there was nothing on or in the box, manual or anywhere that stated that you had to register on-line within 30 days. They did repair the card the first time it went bad even though it was after 1 year, the tech said that they would honor it just send them proof of purchase. So I sent POP and they registered the card online at that time.

Apparently they posted on their website that you have to register within 30 days, who goes on-line and looks to see if you have to register or check warranty information unless you have a problem? They should of put something in the box stating that, like BFG does with a big bright orange piece of paper instructing you to register within 30 days. My guess is that the card I bought was sitting on the shelf and never got the added documentation, if such documentation exists from XFX.

The card just went bad again and of course I had to start an online ticket. Again I was told the card is out of warranty. Well I go round and round with on-line replies and try to be nice while still arguing my point. It gets me no where so I called and get the same run around. I then ask to speak to a supervisor, who just happens to be unavailable. I left a voicemail message for Ryan the supervisor but have yet to hear back. I will keep you posted, just wanted to let everyone know how they treat customers.

Thanks
    The best advice is to go online and register evrything you acquire. Electronic devices go bad, that's a fact of life. These folks sound kind of underhanded the way they changed their warranty but at the same time they do have the right to do so. I always go on line to register everything from electronics to PC's to lawn mowers, everything. it only takes a few minutes and can save your bacon.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I always register everything, but to change the length of a warranty just because I did not register on-line is crazy. I do have proof of purchase and they already fixed it once and it has been registered. I contacted Newegg where I bought it and they are going to look into it.

Thanks
    You could also try PC World. They have a column called On Your Side that writers ask for help with problems like this. From PC World on-line:

Do you have a problem with a hardware or software vendor involving customer service, a warranty, a rebate, or the like? E-mail onyourside@pcworld.com. We can't address every issue, but we will try to handle those of greatest interest.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Thanks
    Yes, definitely get yourself familiar with all hardware warranties, registration procedures, and returns processes of all products before you purchase.
    A well established DIY (do it yourself) modus operandi.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.