Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I've searched the web and looked at all the different locations that scanpst.exe could be located as recommended by various posters, but cannot find it anywhere on my Vista 64-bit machine with Office 2007. Can someone tell where where I can download a ligitimate copy?

Thanks!

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    SCANPST.exe should be in c:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12.

If it is not there you should try a repair of your Office install.

Joe
    Joe

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I purchased and downloaded Office 2007 Ultimate from the web several months ago. It has been running fine up until the last few weeks.

I started the install program that I downloaded and started the repair function. After it runs a few minutes I get "Setup cannot find Excel.en-us/ExcelMUI.xml. Browse to a valid installation source, and then click OK. I am clueless as to how to get around this error. I have not had this problem in the past.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I started the Office 2007 Ultimate install program and uninstalled Outlook, booted, then started the install program to re-install Outlook and got this message "Setup cannot find Outlook.en-us\OutlkLR.cab. Browse to a valid installation source, and then click OK.

The only file I received when I downloaded Office 2007 Ultimate was X12-30307.exe. It's a good thing I made an image copy of my hard disk before I tried all this.

If anyone has a solution I would appreciate it.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SamStamport View Post
    I started the Office 2007 Ultimate install program and uninstalled Outlook, booted, then started the install program to re-install Outlook and got this message "Setup cannot find Outlook.en-us\OutlkLR.cab. Browse to a valid installation source, and then click OK.

The only file I received when I downloaded Office 2007 Ultimate was X12-30307.exe. It's a good thing I made an image copy of my hard disk before I tried all this.
    Did you keep the original download file?

The installation of Office normally creates a local installation cache in a folder called MSOCache. Did you allow that folder to be created? Did you remove the folder later?

Joe
    Joe

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I guess I'm up the creek.

If there was another file I did not keep it.

I found a few sites where I could download scanpst.exe but they were not Microsoft sites so I am hesistant to use them.