North Carolina, USA
    Hi everybody,

I just read a piece by Ed Bott on ZDNet that states if you or a family member are enrolled in a college or university in the United States, a perpetual license for Office Ultimate 2007 can be purchased and downloaded from Digital River. The download from Digital River is the only way to get this deal. The buy program is called the Ultimate Steal and costs only $60.

The other good news is the purchase will qualify for a free upgrade to Office Professional 2010 when it is available this summer. More details are in Ed Bott's blog.

There are a lot of folks taking college courses that never hear of offers such as this one.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill

My wife works for a state univerity in western NY. She does qualify for these types of discounts. Win 7 Ultimate 32 Bit - $19.95, Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit - $19.95 (one each per person) Office 2007 - $14.95 (unfortunately I bought this too soon to qualify for the free upgrade to 2010, woo is me!) These type of discounts are a gold mine for students and in many cases staff members of universities. SUNY Buffalo sponsors the program my wife qualifies for as a staff member in a SUNY (State University of NY) institution.
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy