3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I meant to send two JPG photos in an email, but accidentally sent two Photoshop photos, and they were 14,000 kb each. they are stuck in the outbox, and I can't delete and start over, sending smaller JPG images. How do I get this outgoing email deleted?

Thanks

kdoc

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I've found the best way to do this is to cancel your send, go to the outbox and delete the emails before Outlook tries to send them again.

Hope it helps.

Jeff

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    As Jeff has said above most of the time you are able to get around this issue by setting Outlook to work in "Offline" mode and then restart outlook and delete the emails and then disable "Offline" mode bringing you back online.

Here's a quick guide to assist you,

Outlook 2003 - Switch between working offline and online

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ou...425981033.aspx

If this does not resolve the issue there are some more involved ways of getting stubborn emails out of the Outbox queue.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I had tried those things and failed, and then Googled the question. There's a kb database (http://support.microsoft.com/?id=291613) which suggests going offline and also Tools>Send and Receive>Download Headers and Footers and (I also tried) "Process Marked Headers." Somehow this combination worked. T he other solution Google results suggested was to temporarily install another .pst file, move the original one as a non default pst, and delete then, then put the original back as default pst.

kdoc