3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi, all. I have a relatively mundane question. First, some background: I had a "utility" on my old Lenovo laptop that allowed me to right-click on the Windows XP desktop and configure my monitor setup (extended desktops using both the laptop monitor+my LCD monitor.) It detected the monitors' capabilities and recommended resolutions, and even allowed me to save the configurations so that I could have the laptop to the left of the monitor at home and to the right of the monitor at work, and to save and access the settings/profile for each.

My problem is that I have no idea what that utility is called, whether it is conpatible with various brands/video drivers, and thus, no idea what to search for. My question is, is anyone familiar with that utility, and can you recommend one for my current Windows 7-equipped EliteBook. (Drilling down into the "Personalize" menu each time gets old real fast!)

Thanks in advance for any help!
    <font face="Comic Sans MS">That's what you do in a herd; you look out for each other!</font face=comic> - Mike

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Mesaka,

I am just taking a stab in the dark here but could it be UltraMon?

http://www.realtimesoft.com/ultramon...y_profiles.asp

Hope this helps.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hmm... it doesn't look like the exact same software I had before, but it looks exactly like what I'm searching for (i.e. "generic" version of that utility.)

Thank you very much!!
    <font face="Comic Sans MS">That's what you do in a herd; you look out for each other!</font face=comic> - Mike

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    What kind of video card/chip do you have? I have an nVidia chip on my laptop and the NVIDIA Control Panel shows up in my Control Panel. Not sure if ATI has a similar thing. Otherwise you are stuck with the Display control on the Control Panel.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    The adapter in my 6930p is the ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3400 series... I couldn't find anything on their site. (Then again, I had the nVidia setup in my Lenovo but couldn't find the utility online, either.) I don't even know what to search on, since my searches this far have turned up results that only deal with problems using extended desktops.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Did you install the latest driver from ATI? The nVidia control panel came with the driver, it was not a separate download.