New Lounger
    Thanks
    I wanted to list all connections to a Cisco WRT54G. I know how to list all devices attached through DHCP and most of the devices show up there. One computer (wired device) and a wireless printer don't appear.The printer has a hardcoded IP address so as to not let it change addresses. The hardwired computer should appear on DHCP listing but doesn't. How can I list all devices connected to that router and why don't they appear.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Pete,

Essentially you've answered your own questions if I read you correctly. Both devices are statically assigned meaning they do not utilise the routers DHCP service. The router can only display devices using DHCP via the DHCP clients table.

Other static devices connecting to the device will not be shown on the list. The router does not have the ability to assign DHCP addresses via MAC (hardware) addresses so this isn't an option for you unfortunately. The Linksys (Division of Cisco) WRT54G.

So to sum up you know why all devices aren't showing up now and to get them to all to be displayed in the DHCP clients table you'll have to assign them to use DHCP instead of static addresses and use hostnames (DNS) to connect to them if you do not have any port forwarding setup.

If any of this doesn't make sense but all means let us know so I can explain as I am new here and just trying to help people out