New Lounger
    Thanks
    Several months ago Eudora Pro 7.1 started only sending in plain text rather than styled, so all my email goes out Times New Roman 12 rather than Arail 10. Nothing was changed in tools/settings to create this, and unchecking and rechecking options doesn't change the behavior. It's extremely annoying. As well, reading chains sent in plain text is miserable - no nice clean lines to indicate each chain, all the little >>> instead. I'm slavishly devoted to Eudora (started using 3.1) and this is a really annoying problem.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? I've spent hours trying to no avail. The only thing I can think of is a corrupt element somewhere in the program and not being in IT am clueless about how one would figure our or fix such a thing.

Thank you for any help/insight you can give me.
    Judy

Thanks
    Hmmm, this Eudora user posted the exact opposite problem on the vendor's support forum and didn't get an answer: Cannot send plain text as a reply or with a sig - Eudora Forums.

Just in case another program is interfering, do you know whether your outgoing mail is cycled through a virus scanner? Usually the outgoing server name would be changed to localhost or 127.0.0.1 in that case.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Outgoing mail is scanned through TrendMicro as it was prior to the development of the problem. Outgoing server is not localhost or 127.0.0.1. Outgoing server is 67.195.15.66, which is part of ATT/Yahoo DSL. When sending through Outlook 2003 the font remains as set. Though it goes through the same server and is scanned by the same program with the same settings it doesn't revert to plain as it does with Eudora 7.1 . As I recall I tested long ago by turning off outgoing mail scanning mail and there was no change.