New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have had a really wonderful Timex Data Link watch for many years. I used to download my Outlook info into the watch using the laplink connector. However, since I retired 2 years ago, I can't get the software to work on either my laptop XP machine or my desktop VISTA machine. I have downloaded the latest version of the software from Timex.com.

Can anyone offer any suggestions on how to get it to work??

gary@asu.edu
    Gary

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Well, you, Bill Gates, and I had something in common - I think I still have one of those somewhere, but the challenge is where! What version of Outlook are you using? The Timex website indicates that there is a patch you need to download from Yahoo if you are using Outlook 2007. If you are using an earlier version, then I'm not much help. Let us know how you fare.
    Wendell

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WendellB View Post
    Well, you, Bill Gates, and I had something in common - I think I still have one of those somewhere, but the challenge is where! What version of Outlook are you using? The Timex website indicates that there is a patch you need to download from Yahoo if you are using Outlook 2007. If you are using an earlier version, then I'm not much help. Let us know how you fare.
    My watch is the Timex Data Link 150 running V2.0.

My laptop is running XP with latest updates and Outlook 2003. When I try to install the software that I downloaded from the Timex.com site, it seems to install OK but Outlook does recognize it and there does not appear any "Export to the Data Link Watch" command. I have a notebook adapter that is connected to a USB to serial adapter which I connect to a USB port.

My desktop is running Vista and Outlook 2007. The "Export to Data Link Watch" does appear on the Outlook menu. I am using the same notebook adapter connected to the USB to serial adapter. When I try to export to the watch all seems to go well until I get to the end and then I get the error message:

"An error occurred while saving the configuration file. Your download settings will not be preserved."

Then I proceed and the program looks for the Notebook Adapter and I get the error message:

"Timex Notebook Adapter not found. Please check connection to PC."

Then I have to cancel out of the program.

I went to Yahoo and found LOTS of different Data Link software but was not sure what to download. I didn't find anything that said it worked with Vista.

http://www.pollensoftware.com/datalink/index.html seemed to have the most.

I have resorted to setting the watch by hand but would love to be able to once again sync it with my Outlook.

Any help you or anyone else might be able to provide would be GREATLY appreciated.

Gary
    Gary

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    This statement on the Timex Data Link - Software suggests you can find the answer for 2007 on Yahoo:
    The Timex Data Link software works correctly with Microsoft Vista. However, there is a problem with trying to sync with Microsoft Outlook 2007. Please visit the Datalink Yahoo Group and download the patch for Outlook 2007. User registration to the group is required.
    Wendell

New Lounger
    Thanks
    The group I found was timexdatalinkusb. Is that the group you are referring to? My watch is not USB but uses the notebook adapter.

And I could not find any Outlook 2007 patch at the group site. I feel dumb but guess I am just not looking in the right places.

Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Gary
    Gary