New Lounger
    I recently purchased a new Dell inspiron 560 MT with win 7 64 bit Home premier. During setup I think i made a mistake in not setting up a user account in addition to the administrator account. I then partioned my drive to create a separate drive for my data and losded my software into c: and my data into e: .
    Subsequently i discovered that a feature in Quicken did not work. After checking with Q I found that the function worked in safe mode, Q suggested i create a test user account which I did. Logging into that test account i found that the function worked. Q told me that I had a corrupted Administrator account.
    In addition my shutdown speed takes about 2 minutes. They said that that was also a probable result of the corrupt Administrator account.
    Are they correct? I have searched for information on how to repair/replace etc this account and not found any clear answers.
    my email is thunderbird vers 3.0 with two different users. i will probably nee advice on how to move the email to the new user account after repairing/replacing the admilnistrator account.
    Hope you can help

WS Lounge VIP
    You can just create another account with admin rights and use that, but you will have to transfer all your settings to the new account.
    I think you can use the file and settings transfer wizard for this.

cheers, Paul

Polk County, Florida
    To be clear, you did not setup any account? In what manner do you logon?
    Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Captain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows