New Lounger
    Thanks
    I'm using Word 2003 with SP1. I'm printing text on paper which has pictures and borders. When I save the changes to the the text and then reopen the saved version, to change the text, (for instance to change a name within the the text), the placement of the text has slightly changed position on the paper. Is there a way to stop this placement change of the text?

Bill Knowles.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    A possible reason is that you have a different printer driver selected. Word interrogates the printer driver to determine exact document layout: every printer driver is different.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you for the reply Terry, but I don't think that is the problem. I say this because, it is the same printer and computer being used to do the printing. The paper is the same, just the text is being changed. ie; spelling of a name from what was originally saved. I made a typo during the original post. The Service Pack is 3. Not 1.

Bill Knowles.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    In your original post you indicated that the position of the text was changing, but in post #3 you indicate that the text is being changed. If the spelling of a word changes, and the length of the name changes, positions will change. The position will also change if you are using a porportional font and you simply change a character. Does that sound like a plausible explanation?
    Wendell

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks WendelI. I know what you are referring to, but this is not the case. I think that when I save this as a template, with the correct formatting the formatting of the corrected "saved template" is not being saved correctly. It appears to be a problem with the "vertical portion" of the text. It is changing position, and creating the problem. Again this is after being corrected and then saved. Upon reopening the template and changing some of the text, the vertical position of the new text is getting skewed vertically. The changes in the text do not involve extra lines, which would change the formatting of the template.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Are you saving this as a .dot template, or do you simply save the document and reuse it changing the text slightly? If you save the document and reopen it and print it without changing anything is the position correct? It is very odd that the vertical position is changing - that should be controlled by the header settings and the print margins. I suspect we will need to see the document in order to deduce what is really going on.
    Wendell

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Sections in a Word document can be formatted to sit vertically top aligned, centered, justified etc. in the same way that paragraphs can be aligned horizontally. It is possible that this is your problem but I don't think you have explained the problem yet in a way that we can understand what exactly is going on.

I agree with Wendell, you are going to have to post a sample document that demonstrates your problem or find another way to describe what exactly the problem is so that we can understand it.
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia