Thanks
    I haven't contacted Adobe about this yet but will on Monday. I thought I would see if anyone in here has experienced this.
    Here is what happened and is happening:
    Using Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro, a week or so ago I printed a shot from Google Earth of a customers' facility, and e-mailed it to them. I have done that on numerous occasions w/o any problems.
    Now however when I print anything into Adobe, I get the Google Earth heading on the document I am trying to print. As an example I offer this:
    Yesterday I printed a payment receipt for my cable provider and at the top of the page was my customers' name in big bold letters.Everything else on the receipt printed just fine.

PS: If you can't reply w/o telling me I need to switch to some other program please do not bother replying. I have checked several other Adobe simulators and they do not appear to have the features that I need.
    BTDT!

Ok! so that may be a little harsh, but we all use certain programs for certain reasons, and not two peoples needs are the same.
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    Am I correct that this survives a re-boot?

Have you looked at the printer properties via the control panel?

If you use print preview in another program does it look good or bad?

Joe
    Joe

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
    Am I correct that this survives a re-boot?
    Yes that is correct

Have you looked at the printer properties via the control panel?
    this is the Adobe Printer and yes I have looked in the but don't see anything out of the ordinary

If you use print preview in another program does it look good or bad?
    when I did a print preview of your reply e-mail it looked good, and when I did a print preview of a word doc it looked good as well. When I printed them into Adobe, they also came out ok.
    When I did a print preview of a web page however the unwanted information was at the top of the page.
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Have your tried clearing your browser cache?

Joe
    Joe

Thanks
    Yup did that also
    Thanks John

Administrator
    Thanks
    Does Acrobat have its own cache that should be cleared?

Joe
    Joe

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by t8ntlikly View Post
    When I did a print preview of a web page however the unwanted information was at the top of the page.
    I'm going to assume you're using Internet Explorer. Can you check these two settings:

(1) Header in Page Setup (but wouldn't account for large text)

(2) Custom Stylesheet in Accessibility (Tools > Internet Options > General tab)

== Edit ==

Also, let's assume for a moment that Google Earth normally tweaks IE, prints, and then clears its tweak. Can you reset IE by printing something else from Google Earth?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    How are you printing your google earth page? From Google Earth? The application, or through a web browser? If a browser, which one? (in IE, Acrobat installs a special plugin to allow printing of web pages to PDF, and it has preferences different than that of the AdobePDF printer.

What about printing the statements? Same thing, if you are using IE, and using the PDFMaker button, try printing to the Adobe PDF printer instead.

Anything changed on your system, new apps, updates, etc?

Thanks
    Well, I heard back from Adobe, and their solution did not fix the problem.
    I have attached a file showing what is going on.
    I am printing from the Google Earth application
    The only time this occurs is when I print from my browser which happens to be I.E. 8
    I don't have any problems what soever printing from any other application.[attachment=88767:Adobe Header Error.pdf]
    Thanks John

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Must be a setting in Acro 9. I use 9 Standard and get no headers. See attached print from Google Earth. No headers on other files printed to pdf either (Word, Excel).
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks
    Well, I finally found the problem. I'm not sure it was caused by a case of OHS (Operator Head Space), or if it was an ID10T error. Either way here is what was causing it. I cleared everything on my laptop that I could find that revolved around printers. Adobe, Lexmark, Fax, etc. I then rebooted the laptop and the "header" was still there when I went to print a web page. While I had the Print Preview dialog box open I noticed that the headers section was set on custom. Now I may be getting along in years but I sure don't remember changing anything in there. I changed them back to Empty, and the header that I was experiencing magically disappeared.

Problem Solved. Thanks all for your input!
    Thanks John