5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Office XP, 2K and 97 all on same computer (97 SR2, 2K and XP)

I have two physical hard drives. I have successfully installed and used Office 2K and Office 97 on the same hard drive for over a year now. They don't interfere with each other, and I don't get errors. I decided to install XP on a separate physical drive, and I made sure to select that drive when I installed the program. Ugh. Ick. Ptewee. My system crashes constantly, and I am beleagured with Visual Basic errors. The computer ran like a slug... not at all really. I finally gave up and reinstalled my previous disk image and got rid of XP. But, I need to learn it and use it. I can't get rid of the other versions. I have to be able to do projects in all 3 versions. Any suggestions for installing XP successfully, while keeping 2K and 97??

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Office XP, 2K and 97 all on same computer (97 SR2, 2K and XP)

Have you considered a dual boot? I don't know the logistics but I'm sure there's info in the appropriate Windows forums which could help and then maybe ask a few questions.

I heard of someone a while ago who had all three installed (plus, Word Perfect), but had script files on her desktop with registry hacks in order to make each work properly. It wasn't pretty, but it worked.
    Karen