2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Good day all, In My Documents I have a lot of text files created by thunderbird they appear to be various log files about 9 a day are created. Does any one know how to turn these off? I have searched without any success in all the major search engines, obviously I am searching wrongly. Any ideas would be appreciated.Thanks.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Try this. In Thunderbird go to Tools/Options/Advanced/General/Config Editor, then click the "I'll be careful button", then scroll down to extenstions.logging.enabled (it's value should be true) and double-click it (the value will change to false). That should turn logging off.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Johnson2191 View Post
    Try this. In Thunderbird go to Tools/Options/Advanced/General/Config Editor, then click the "I'll be careful button", then scroll down to extenstions.logging.enabled (it's value should be true) and double-click it (the value will change to false). That should turn logging off.
    Thank you for your reply,unfortunately extension.logging.enabled is already false.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi GWS,

Could you please have a look over the log files and attach some here to a post so we can see the nature of the logs. If they do not have any personal information in them of course.

If they are above the 2 megabyte attachment limit please compress them via "Right Click > Send To > Compressed (zipped) folder then attach.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    My apologies for the long delay in replying, I did not receive any update notifications? I have solved the problem, it was the gmail attachment that creates logs and this can be disabled in the options panel of the gmail plug in.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gws View Post
    My apologies for the long delay in replying, I did not receive any update notifications? I have solved the problem, it was the gmail attachment that creates logs and this can be disabled in the options panel of the gmail plug in.
    I prefer not to mix and match Google Apps with Thunderbird (or Eudora 8). What you have experienced should tell you one reason why not to do this. Thunderbird has its own extensions and plug-ins, and there are other potential issues. The same goes for Yahoo Widgets and Thunderbird.
    -- Bob Primak --

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Primak View Post
    I prefer not to mix and match Google Apps with Thunderbird (or Eudora 8). What you have experienced should tell you one reason why not to do this. Thunderbird has its own extensions and plug-ins, and there are other potential issues. The same goes for Yahoo Widgets and Thunderbird.
    I've been reading my Gmail from within Thunderbird v2 for ages. Create a new pop mail account using pop.gmail.com. You can use smtp.gmail.com or just use your ISP to send mail (mine requires all mail accounts to be registered).
    Gmail setup: http://mail.google.com/support/bin/a...n&answer=13273
    Thunderbird v2 setup: http://mail.google.com/support/bin/a...y?answer=38343

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Pat, Yes I had no problem with Gmail,just the text files the add in produces. Thanks all the same though.