New Lounger
    Thanks
    I recently managed to get 3 Windows 7 computers all linked up on my Homegroup. However, 2 of the computers now want to show a text file at start up that shows the Interface List. I get a window asking me what program to use to open the file which is named the same as the computer name. I have been using Wordpad which shows the Interface List, the IPv4 Route Table and the IPv6 Route Table. I am sure this has to do with the Homegroup settings but cannot find what is triggering it. I have looked at the msconfig start list and do not see anything there. I have also looked at the Event Log and the Scheduled Tasks file but could not find it. I Googled it and found one other person with the same problem, but their solution didn't make any sense.

Has anyone else encountered this anomoly?

Thanks

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I was able to find the file that was trying to open each time I booted the computer and delete it. The file was created during a Windows Homegroup troubleshooting scan somehow. The problem is solved.

Thanks
    Hi Ron, and welcome to the Lounge!

How did you find the location of this file? Was it in your Startup folder or did Windows set up an entry under the startup tab in MSconfig?

Thanks for posting back your success in solving the problem. If you would fill us in on more details, I am certain it will be of benefit to others.
    Deadeye81

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I had been receiving the window with options for opening the file at each startup and was using Windows Notepad to view it. I received a suggestion from a member of the Microsoft Questions & Answers forum to find the file and change the name to see what would happen. I then used MS Word to open the file and was able to see its properties to find out where it resided on my hard drive. It was at C:\Users\file name. I decided to just delete it and that solved the problem. This anomoly occured on both computers I was setting up the Homegroup on so it must have had something to do with running the Homegroup troubleshooter. Maybe this will help others that encounter this situation.

Thanks
    Thanks Ron for getting back with those details. This will definitely help others, as this issue, like all others, is bound to make another appearance sooner or later.
    Deadeye81

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill