New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello everyone -

I appreciate the knowledge I've been researching on this site. May I please ask for some help?

At work we recently switched to Office 2007. We also maintain some internal webpages in/publish them via MS Word.

We have one web page (created in a previous version of Word) that has well over 100 hyperlinks on it to documents on our server. Until now I have been able to add and delete links with no problem.

First, I create the hyperlink in the .doc document on our server and test it. It points to the correct target document on our server; the document comes up, no problem.

The next step is to save the document as a .htm file on our server and then open it in Internet Explorer. As of today, this results in every single one of the 100+ hyperlinks on this page having errors in reaching the correct targets, even though I am only adding ONE hyperlink.

So for example if the links are:

Document A

Document B

Document C

Document D

Clicking on Document D will bring up Document C. Clicking on Document C will bring up Document B. All along every one of the 100+ links, the target is off by one.

I don't have an option of editing the .htm file in a text editor and then publishing it directly, nor do I have access to Dreamweaver or any similar web publisher. All I am allowed to have at work is the method above.

Thank you in advance!

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Without seeing the file I'm not sure what we can suggest to help you solve this puzzle.

Perhaps saving the document with the change in doc format (97-2003) before saving to html will resolve your problem. Have you tried each of the SaveAs HTML filters? - there is more than one choice when saving out to html.
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello Andrew, thanks for the reply.

I worked on it some more this morning and determined it was a simple fix. Though the document was opening in Word 2007, it was still saving as a .doc, not a .docx. When I saved it as .docx and then .htm, this time the file opened up in IE with all links pointing to targets correctly.

Thanks everybody, have a good one!