Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Good morning other users of TI 2010.

I also got TI going, one snag. I used to make a Bootable Rescue Media on a small 3" CD, it took 48 Mbs. Now the new BRM needs 69 MBs, sad.

So, I did it on a full size CD, the app said that it was done to success. One more snag, the BRM will not work, I run it and sellect CLONE, it goes through its many steps but stops with a dialogue saying that it does not see ANY HDD, none, not even the C:\ ! Will you try it and le me know of any success, please.

NB: a message to TI is still unanswered, three days but a weekend included. Could this be a W-se7en problem ?

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Parrot View Post

I also got TI going, one snag. I used to make a Bootable Rescue Media on a small 3" CD, it took 48 Mbs. Now the new BRM needs 69 MBs, sad.

So, I did it on a full size CD, the app said that it was done to success. One more snag, the BRM will not work, I run it and sellect CLONE, it goes through its many steps but stops with a dialogue saying that it does not see ANY HDD, none, not even the C:\ ! Will you try it and le me know of any success, please.

NB: a message to TI is still unanswered, three days but a weekend included. Could this be a W-se7en problem ?
    Jean,
    Hello,I also use Acronis 2010 V7046 / with Plus Pack. Ti does have a slow response to questions on their forum, so don't be discouraged . I checked my "boot-able rescue media disk " and the results are as follows
    1. Basic Disk 37.4MB
    2. Recovery Disk with Plus Pack....37.6MB

Looks like to me that something went wrong when you created the disk , as i have used mine many times. Possibly bad media ? Try burning a new disk on a quality CD /RW (i used a Memorex 700MB ). Also what version of Acronis are you using ? Regards Fred
    PlainFred

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free (J. W. Von Goethe)

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Parrot View Post

Same thing happened to me. This problem is caused by newer hard SATA-II drives, which require specific drivers.

When booting off the CD, you should see a boot menu with a few choices. Do not use the "full version", which is lacking the drivers you need.

Instead, choose Acronis True Image (Safe Mode) - yes, this seems counter-intuitive to me. Then Acronis should see your hard drive.
    Rick Groszkiewicz
    Life is too short to drink bad wine (or bad coffee!)

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rgrosz View Post
    Same thing happened to me. This problem is caused by newer hard SATA-II drives, which require specific drivers.

When booting off the CD, you should see a boot menu with a few choices. Do not use the "full version", which is lacking the drivers you need.

Instead, choose Acronis True Image (Safe Mode) - yes, this seems counter-intuitive to me. Then Acronis should see your hard drive.
    rgrosz,
    Hello,
    I know that the older versions of TI such as V-11 had a safe mode on their boot-able recovery disks, TI 2010 V 7046 (and plus pack) do not . Your only choice at boot time (TI disk) is Windows or Acronis full version . At least these are the options that i get from the disk ( both 2010 and plus pack) that i burned. Regards Fred

Edit: You can download from Acronis the "iso backup recovery manager" and it has about 8 options, quiet mode etc. This is after you "register" your product and log in.https://www.acronis.com/my/index.html
    PlainFred

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free (J. W. Von Goethe)

Thanks
    I've never had problems using the full version to restore from DOS. And I have a mix of SCSI, PATA and SATA-II disks.

As to Acronis support, you only have free have 30 days after purchase. After 30 days you have to buy a support plan or pay by incident. The forum is user-to-user although sometimes an Acronis person will pop in on some threads.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello to all who replied to my plea, I had lost this tread up to now.

My problem with the BRM was not with the 3.5" made from the .iso, it was with a 3" small Cd with just the essentials to start the machine if dead and be able to work from then on. The full size CD is fine. After a short while of scouting around the Acronis site, I found a spot where I could D/L an app that would fit on a 3" CD and it was of ± 33 MBs. Yeah !

I D/L'd it and now all is fine. As far as I know, to my way of using TI, I do not find that 2010 is required at all, beside the "cloud" archiving of my data, it is not needed. I do clones of all my machines on USB external HDs, once a month at least. It is so easy with a clone to get back up running, 17 minutes and it is done.

Have a great day. JP.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Fred, hello. sorry about a late reply, I got lost a few days.

When I first tried to make the BRM, it said that it needed 63 MBs so the small 3" CD was out of the question. I use a 700 MBs one and that was the one that gave me trouble. After crusing on the TI site, I was able to make a 3" BRM of ± 33 MBs and I am now happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred J Usack View Post
    Hello,I also use Acronis 2010 V7046 / with Plus Pack. Ti does have a slow response to questions on their forum, so don't be discouraged . I checked my "boot-able rescue media disk " and the results are as follows
    1. Basic Disk 37.4MB
    2. Recovery Disk with Plus Pack....37.6MB

Looks like to me that something went wrong when you created the disk , as i have used mine many times. Possibly bad media ? Try burning a new disk on a quality CD /RW (i used a Memorex 700MB ). Also what version of Acronis are you using ? Regards Fred
    I also have used my small CD a few times, no problem. Thanks for your attention. JP.