New Lounger
    Thanks
    I happen to like Foxit Reader for PDF viewing. I have been having a bit of a problem getting the Foxit Reader Plugin to work in Firefox. Each time I tried to get the Foxit plugin to open a PDF, I ended up with a blank tab.

Then I remembered a previous workaround I used. It requires IETab to work. (Previous, because I worked it out when I had Vista, but I forgot about it when I updated my PC to Win7).

Create a rule in IETab to open all PDF files in IE within Firefox.

Now when I click on a PDF file, it opens up in the browser with the IE version of the Foxit plugin, but at least it is opening in Firefox, not asking to be saved or opening Foxit Reader as a stand alone application.

Hope this helps.

Jak.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jak Grimm View Post
    Then I remembered a previous workaround I used. It requires IETab to work. (Previous, because I worked it out when I had Vista, but I forgot about it when I updated my PC to Win7).
    Just for the record, IETab uses the IE rendering engine, so it probably uses the Foxit plugin/ActiveX control for IE.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 927 Posts
    This thread at the Foxit Support Forum - 【Bug】 Foxit Reader Plugin in Firefox Crashes - Foxit Corporation Forums says the Firefox plugin is unstable. This appears to have been going on for a while now. Supposedly, the Foxit development people are working on it.

Joe
    Joe

Thanks
    Hmmm....I was thinking seriously of switching to Foxit Reader, but the skill and/or dedication of their developers doesn't inspire confidence. The problem with Firefox was reported in the Foxit forum back in early October of last year and repeatedly since then, and each time all anyone can say is "the developers are working on it" or "known issue." Do they deal with all problems this way? Perhaps I should stay with Adobe.

Thanks
    I use the plug-in all the time, and have had no issues since the Foxit Reader updates in about March of 2010. Maybe the problem was solved, or maybe I have a unique Firefox configuration.
    -- Bob Primak --

Thanks
    I have no problems with Foxit, FF 3.65, and I don't have IETab. But don't switch to Adobe, but to PDF Exchange if you're having problems. Adobe's bloated and insecure.
    2 desktops: Win XP Pro SP3 / 3 GHZ/3 GB RAM/ Firefox, Thunderbird /
    Open Office