Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    We get requests to change track changes. This could be due to users taking the documents home which means Microsofts Word author User name is different to the Company name. or the time recorded. eg. sometimes the documents are worked on at 1am in the morning.

There was a Woodys post on how to change track changes. Ive used this tip before and it worked successfully. from memory i think it was along the lines of open the Word document in notepad find and replace user name which is displayed as an id. However Ive done a search and cant locate that particular post

I found this link. It would work a treat in Office XP or Office 2003.
    http://www.officearticles.com/word/c...osoft_word.htm

However we are now on Office 2007 and I think the Microsoft Script Editor is no longer available. Ive looked in the Developer tab, Customise Developer tab and Customise all commands

any ideas how I can either get 1. Microsoft Script Editor in 2007 or 2. have another solution to change track changes

Many thanks

diana

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Diana View Post
    There was a Woodys post on how to change track changes. Ive used this tip before and it worked successfully. from memory i think it was along the lines of open the Word document in notepad find and replace user name which is displayed as an id. However Ive done a search and cant locate that particular post
    I think it was done by saving to RTF first, and editing the RTF file. Probably easier than parsing the XML format of the Word content in a .docx file.