Thanks
    Greetings Lounge Users!
    As this is my first post, I'll get right to the point. I have my music saved in my iTunes folder on my external hard drive. I wish to import the music to my iPod; now can I do this directly, such as copying the folders and pasting them in the iPod directory? Or would I have to import them into iTunes first, and then sync to the device. Or as a third option, should I just go with Winamp's media player? I apologize if I posted in the wrong forum, and I will attempt to post in the correct location if that's the case. Thank you for taking the time to read this, and I welcome all helpful responses!
    "Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent." - Issac Asimov, from his novel "Foundation"

Thanks
    I do not use an Ipod or Itunes, but on my MP3 player, I was able to use all the above options. The easiest for me was simply to drag the music I wanted directly to the music directory on the MP3 player. When the player was plugged in Windows reconized it and opened the player folders. I opened the appropriate folder, open my music files in Windows Explorer and dragged to my hearts content, or until the player was filled. I have to believe it would be this simple for an Ipod as well. You may have to use the player software to organize the music as you want it.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Thanks
    Thank you for your prompt and helpful response Ted! So should I copy the My Music folder to the iPod directory, or should I go into the music folder and then copy the iTunes Music folder only? And will that include the album artwork? Or will that be a separate transfer?
    "Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent." - Issac Asimov, from his novel "Foundation"

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Newall View Post
    Thank you for your prompt and helpful response Ted! So should I copy the My Music folder to the iPod directory, or should I go into the music folder and then copy the iTunes Music folder only? And will that include the album artwork? Or will that be a separate transfer?
    It probably does not matter which folder. Where are the songs you want to copy? Are they in the My Music folder or the iTunes Music folder. Whichever folder they are in, open that folder and copy the music files themselves to the iPod Directory. Mine allowed me to copy the folders labeled by the artists name to the MP3 player's directory. I have my music sorted by artist name in My Music folder. Then the setup options on the MP3 player allowed me to set up play lists and shuffle, etc.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Thanks
    Well that's just the thing; my iTunes Music folder is located within the My Music folder. I also have my music sorted my artist name, as I believe that is how iTunes saves the data when songs are imported into its library.
    UPDATE: I copied the My Music folder, and the files copied successfully, but the iPod will not recognize them when I turn the device on. That is, the library on the device still appears blank. I may have to just copy the music to the library, and then sync it to the iPod. The only problem is, I'm afraid it won't save my album artwork.

Thanks
    I've only ever just ripped music directly into iTunes. Perhaps you can import; that would be convenient.

Thanks
    Oh yeah, you can import folders and specific music files into iTunes, so that would certainly save you the trouble of having to copy everything via CD.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thread has been moved to hardware.