When I click Print under File, the text is garbled and almost looks like a foreign language. The only way the print is legible is if I first choose Preview.

My printer is Lexmark X6570, a duplex printer All-in-One. I've contacted Lexmark and the tech took over my computer and tried to see if the printer was setup correctly, it was. The tech then advised me to use Preview first because printing from Outlook never prints correctly if you don't.

I took it upon myself to try and see if I could discover the problem. I went to Folder Properties>General Info tab and found that the default Character Encoding was: Western (ISO-8859-1) I tried others like: Unicode (UTF-8) & Western (Windows-1252) with no change in how the text was printed. So that doesn't seem to be the culprit. I'm at a loss about how to fix this, if it can be fixed at all. In my view Thunderbird printing using Preview is the ugliest print job I've ever seen.

Please don't suggest I use Outlook, I found that one to be less than satisfying. And because IncrediMail will not install on my Windows 7 machine (that was my favorite because I could use colorful designs for email backgrounds).

Gloria