New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi all,
    Hi all, In Microsoft works word processor I can't see see this menu bar: File Edit View Insert Format . I have a Office work and student 2007.
    Thanks for you help Baco

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Baco View Post
    Hi all,
    Hi all, In Microsoft works word processor I can't see see this menu bar: File Edit View Insert Format . I have a Office work and student 2007.
    Thanks for you help Baco
    Hi Baco, I am confused by your message. Do you really mean that you have Microsoft WORD word processor, which is a part of Office Home and Student 2007?

Please reply to that. If you mean Word (and not Works), then perhaps I can help.
    BobR in New Mexico, USA

"Let there be peace on earth, and let it begin with me." This is our function, our challenge, our fulfillment - and our inheritance, to accept and to share, that the world may be healed.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Bob,
    This is it "Microsoft Works Word Processor " you can forget the Works if you like.Once I click on start all programs,the Microsoft works word processor is there.
    I do not know why the tool bar with '"File ,Edit ,View, Insert ,Format , is not on the top of the page.I have two computers,in one no problems,in second one,
    the tool bar is not on the top.
    I hope this is enough info.
    Cheers Baco

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Baco,

The following steps should work to restore the missing Menu Bar toolbar in Microsoft Word - not sure if it will work in the program you're using, but maybe worth a try:

• At the top of the document window, you should still see one or more toolbars.
    • Put your cursor over any of these toolbars and then right-click.
    • This will make visible a popup list of all of the available toolbars, but this list will not include the Menu Bar.
    • Click on 'Customize' at the bottom of this popup list.
    • This will make a 'Customize' dialog appear - click on the Toolbars tab.
    • Scroll down the list in the Toolbars tab until you see 'Menu Bar' - put a checkmark next to that, and then click 'Close' to close the dialog.
    • The Menu Bar should then appear.

The above steps should work in Word, anyway.

Gary

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    This is confusing. Word = a wordprocessor and comes with Office or the Works Suite.
    Works (not Works Suit) comes with a totally different wordprocessor call Works,

Now do you have, Microsoft Word or Microsoft Works wordprocessor?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Frieder View Post
    Baco,

The following steps should work to restore the missing Menu Bar toolbar in Microsoft Word - not sure if it will work in the program you're using, but maybe worth a try:

• At the top of the document window, you should still see one or more toolbars.
    • Put your cursor over any of these toolbars and then right-click.
    • This will make visible a popup list of all of the available toolbars, but this list will not include the Menu Bar.
    • Click on 'Customize' at the bottom of this popup list.
    • This will make a 'Customize' dialog appear - click on the Toolbars tab.
    • Scroll down the list in the Toolbars tab until you see 'Menu Bar' - put a checkmark next to that, and then click 'Close' to close the dialog.
    • The Menu Bar should then appear.

The above steps should work in Word, anyway.

Gary
    Thanks Gary.
    When I right click I can not get the pop up list to drop.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Farrell View Post
    This is confusing. Word = a wordprocessor and comes with Office or the Works Suite.
    Works (not Works Suit) comes with a totally different wordprocessor call Works,

Now do you have, Microsoft Word or Microsoft Works wordprocessor?
    Thanks Terry,
    If you look at my email above it is Microsoft works word processor
    Thank you for you help.I hope we can get somewhere.
    Regards
    B

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    But you also state, "I have a Office work and student 2007".

Try Control+F1.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    This could help someone.
    Works toolbar fix
    http://word.tips.net/Pages/T001797_M..._Toolbars.html

1. Exit Word.
    2. Click Start-> run and type %APPDATA %-> click ok.
    3. Click on the Microsoft folder -> Templates.
    4. Right click on Normal. Dot-> Rename -> Normal. old and hit enter, click yes.
    5. Open Microsoft word and check if you are able to view the Toolbar.

Close your Word program.
    Choose Run from the Start menu. Windows displays the Run dialog box. (Click here to see a related figure.)
    Click the Browse button. Windows displays the Browse dialog box.
    Using the controls in the dialog box, locate and select the Winword.exe program. (This is the actual Word program.)
    Click Open. The Browse dialog box disappears, and the full path to Winword.exe now appears in the Open field of the Run dialog box. It should appear something like this:
    "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\WINWORD.EXE"
    In the Open field, place your insertion point right after the last character. In other words, right after the closing parenthesis.
    Type a space, then /a. The open box should now appear similar to this:
    "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\WINWORD.EXE" /a
    Click OK.
    At this point, Word should start. The /a switch that you used causes Word to start with the following caveats

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Baco,

I'm afraid you've got everyone here hopelessly confused:

First off, the page you linked to says "This tip works with Microsoft Word 97, Word 2000, Word 2002, and Word 2003." It does not say it works for 'Works'. The instructions on that page should work for Word, but then, so should the method I posted earlier. If you're working in 'Works', none of these methods are likely to work.

Second, the numbered list of items 1 through 5 in that post, do not come from the page you linked to.

Third, the rest of your post reproduces only a portion of the text from the page you linked to, so anyone trying to follow the steps here, will hit a dead end. And btw as a general rule, it's not a good idea to reproduce more than a snippet of content from another site, without permission.

Gary