Lounger
    Thanks
    So I'm installing some software, and I get an error message like this: "You do not have sufficient privileges to complete this installation for all users of the machine. Log on as an administrator and then retry this installation."

This happened with a variety of programs: Java runtime, Adobe Reader, Google Pack. Most others installed fine, before and after receiving some of these messages.

BUT the account I'm using HAS administrative privileges!
    Evidence: immediately after receiving that message with the third program, I reboot the machine the same as I always do, and this time all the programs all install normally.

So it's not a real problem... more that I'm just curious: what went wrong?

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Are you running your browser with restricted rights? I use DropMyRights and this causes a problem. Quit the browser or reboot as you have done.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jascarlin View Post
    Are you running your browser with restricted rights? I use DropMyRights and this causes a problem. Quit the browser or reboot as you have done.
    Browser? I never said anything about that. I'm not even using the internet -- I'm installing software!

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Fraser View Post
    Browser? I never said anything about that. I'm not even using the internet -- I'm installing software!
    The programs that you listed "Java runtime, Adobe Reader, Google Pack" are all browser related, so why wouldn't we assume that you are having browser program issues?

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.