New Lounger
    Thanks
    Computer: Win 7, 64 bit, IE8
    My IE8 will not recognize .fdf documents and wants to search for a program to open them. .fdf suffix has been added to the computer with the proper program to open them. Same results.
    I have another machine with Vista and IE 8 and have the same issues. A co worker with a completely seperate machine has the same issues with IE8 but when Firefox was used the documents were accessible.
    I assume it is a setting in IE8 that needs to be altered. All suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    I'm wondering if you have an addon in FF to allow .fdf ext to open. I'm also wondering if IE needs an add on to open this. Do you have the Adobe PDF Link Helper Add on installed in IE? In IE Tools/Manage Add Ons.

[attachment=88777:2010-05-14_0947.png]

From what I read on this you need a Acrobat Forms Data Format (FDF) Toolkit to open this ext. In your system did you specify Adobe Acrobat Reader to open this extension? A Google Search gives many web sites discussing this.

I
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you for the suggestions. I have the link helper and the FDF Toolkit does not appear to be of help in this instance. I have tried various settings in the Adobe program and IE without results.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    Have you checked the file association for .fdf? Use Start | Control Panel | Programs | Default Programs | Associate a file type or protocol with a program.

Joe
    Joe

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Burch View Post
    Thank you for the suggestions. I have the link helper and the FDF Toolkit does not appear to be of help in this instance. I have tried various settings in the Adobe program and IE without results.
    or you have registry damaged or some inconsistencies, perhaps it will be a help if you try to look for errors in the registry and fix it. there are programs such as registry fixers, ccleaners that helps fixin registry inconsistencies. If all of this fails then try reinstalling your adobe program. Thanks and goodluck.