New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have just started to edit a fairly large word document(>150pages) and can only work on it for short periods at a time.I have set up so that the document opens automatically when I log on,however,of course,the document opens at the first page.My question is this:-Is it possible to get the document to open at the page I was working on when I closed it?
    Any thoughts would be very welcome.
    Thanks
    Steve
    RavenSteve

Thanks
    Word's "GoBack" feature, Shift+F5, should take you to the location of the last edit.

You could create an AutoOpen macro in your document to execute Application.GoBack when you open it. This is likely to generate security warnings for you and others, so the manual method might be preferable.

Note that in Word 2007, you would need to resave the document as a .dotm in order to incorporate a macro.

== Edit ==

The other technique is to add a unique string to where you left off (e.g., STARTHERE) and skip to it using Find.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    jscher2000
    Thanks for your input.I tried the "GoBack",but it didn't seem to work very well.
    However your AutoOpen macro idea got me thinking and I came up with the following macro
    Public Sub AutoOpen()
    Selection.GoTo , wdBookmark, LastEdit
    End Sub
    Where"LastEdit" is a bookmark that insert on the last page I am working on before I shut down.
    Again thanks for your help
    Steve
    Correction this should read
    Public Sub AutoOpen()
    Selection.GoTo What:=wdGoToBookmark, Name:="LastEdit"
    End Sub
    RavenSteve