New Lounger
    Thanks
    I use the Journal function in Outlook 2007 to track the Office files that I open. I find this very helpful at times when I cannot remember the name and location of a specific file; I can look back in the Journal around when I think I last worked on it and usually find the file I want. This has worked in my current set up for about 18 months but about 2 weeks ago I noticed that it was no longer recording the Office files but was still recording the e-mails - the change happened around 3rd March this year and I can't link that to anything happening to the laptop. Looking in Tools-Options-Journal I can see that the Office files are checked for entry into the Journal. I have tried unchecking and checking these boxes but it makes no difference. Today I have followed a link that I found on a previous thread in the Lounge and followed the instructions from the Microsoft web site to check the Registry entries e.g. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Shared Tools\Outlook\Journaling\ Microsoft Word. These entries seem to be set so that Journal should record each Office file i.e. the Enabled Data value is set to 0x00000001 (1). Can anyone explain why I can't get Journal to record the Office files that I use?

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    There was a hot fix which apparently resolved this problem for at least one person, however that fix should have been included in the release of Service Pack 2 for Office 2007. Do you have have that Service Pack installed? If not, then I would suggest you do so. One of the issues that was noted was that Office Documents were being stored on network drives - is that your case. If you already have Service Pack 2 installed, and you are not using network drives for document storage, then something odd is going on, and you may have uncovered an unknown bug.
    Wendell

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WendellB View Post
    There was a hot fix which apparently resolved this problem for at least one person, however that fix should have been included in the release of Service Pack 2 for Office 2007. Do you have have that Service Pack installed? If not, then I would suggest you do so. One of the issues that was noted was that Office Documents were being stored on network drives - is that your case. If you already have Service Pack 2 installed, and you are not using network drives for document storage, then something odd is going on, and you may have uncovered an unknown bug.
    Thanks for the response but I do have SP2 installed and I am not using network storage for the files - or at least not for most of them - about 90% of the files I work with are on my laptop hard drive. So I think I fall outside the known problem. As I mentioned in the original post, I can see the specific date that the problem started because I still have the Journal entries up until 3rd March. So something must have changed at that point but I have no idea what and it didn't help that I hadn't noticed the change until about 5 weeks later