Thread: Page Numbering

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have a documents where the first four pages are numered (i), (ii), (iii) and (iv). I need page 1 to start direct after page (iv). I am using office 2007 and am not sure how to set up the page numberring to start as page 1 after page (iv)

Your assistance will be most appreciated

Regards

Howard

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HowardC View Post
    I have a documents where the first four pages are numered (i), (ii), (iii) and (iv). I need page 1 to start direct after page (iv). I am using office 2007 and am not sure how to set up the page numberring to start as page 1 after page (iv)
    Add a new page section break between (iv) and 1. Then you can use the page number formatting feature to restart the numbering in the new section and change the format to numerals.

I know that locations of command in the ribbon are not always obvious. These articles might help:

Restart page numbering for each chapter - Word - Microsoft Office Online
    Insert or remove page numbers - Word - Microsoft Office Online

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Jefferson

Thanks for the reply. I found the following link, which is very useful. It explains step-by-step what to do

http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting...atter_2007.htm

Regards

Howard