4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi,

I am using Foxit Reader. I have a multi-page PDF document and I want to copy a particular page to a Word 2007 document. How do I do this? I assume that the PDF page must be converted to Word 2007 format, but I don't know how to do this. I appreciate any help you can give me. Thank you.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by moon1130 View Post
    I am using Foxit Reader. I have a multi-page PDF document and I want to copy a particular page to a Word 2007 document.
    If you just want the text, you could try copy and paste. If the PDF is an image or if copying is blocked, then that would not work; you would need an OCR program to tease out the text. Of course, then there is the formatting challenge: it is difficult to reproduce a page from a PDF accurately in a different document because of differences in fonts and paragraph styles.

If you want to insert an image of the page, I know how to grab that in Adobe Reader by enabling the snapshot tool and drawing a rectangle over the area to be copied. I don't know how you do that in Foxit Reader.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi,

I am using Foxit Reader. I have a multi-page PDF document and I want to copy a particular page to a Word 2007 document. How do I do this? I assume that the PDF page must be converted to Word 2007 format, but I don't know how to do this. I appreciate any help you can give me. Thank you.
    As someone else said, if you are dealing with text only, you could copy the page in Foxit Reader and paste it (unformatted) into the Word Document. If you have WordPerfect X4 or X5, you may be able to save the document (including non-text areas) in rich text format (I am not sure - please check that out), then copy and paste the page from the .rtf format into Word.

Finally, if neither of the above is suitable and the document is more than just basic text (i.e., have images), you could print out that page from the .pdf document, use something like OmniPage 17 to scan that hard copy page and convert the output into a new Word 1-page document, then copy and paste from that new Word page into your present "target" Word document.
    BobR in New Mexico, USA

"Let there be peace on earth, and let it begin with me." This is our function, our challenge, our fulfillment - and our inheritance, to accept and to share, that the world may be healed.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    You could also try one of the many online services that are now available. A quick search found the following, for example:

http://www.pdfonline.com/pdf2word/index.asp

http://www.pdftoword.com/

http://www.convertpdftoword.net/

I haven't used any of these, so I can't vouch for their accuracy.

William

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi,

Thank you everyone for your helpful responses. I am using Foxit. I attempted to copy and paste a PDF paragraph into Word 2007, but the copying would not take. Bob said that it could be done; I'd appreciate your telling me how you did it, Bob. What I finally did was to use the first link that William gave. It worked fine. I will try the other links and also the Omni/OCR suggestions made by jscher2000 and Bob. I will post the results here.

Again, thank you.

Administrator
    Thanks
    I am using Foxit. I attempted to copy and paste a PDF paragraph into Word 2007, but the copying would not take.
    I was able to copy text with Foxit and paste into a Word document. Did you use the Select tool - Tools | Select Tool?

Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I think a freeware "somepdf" may be useful to you. I have tried it, and it works ok, though not excellent. Here is the link: http://www.somepdf.com/some-pdf-to-word-converter.html
    I hope that it will be useful to you.
    And for the OCR option, there is no need to print and then scan, the pdf itself can be read by the OCRs.