Star Lounger
    Rickmansworth, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
    Thanks
    Access 2003. As a non-programmer I find myself just outside my comfort zone. First a background note. Here in the UK if a tax-paying UK resident makes a donation to a charity the charity can claim 28p in the back from the Revenue Authority. This is called Gift Aid. Thus a 100 donation becomes 128 to the charity.

So, I have a form showing 'AmountDonated', GiftAid (a yes/no field showing whether the donation qualifies as GiftAid) and a calculated control that multiplies 'AmountDonated' by 1.28. I need to make the calculation conditional on 'GiftAid'=yes. Can someone point the way and say which event procedure is applicable.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by roger trigg View Post
    Access 2003. As a non-programmer I find myself just outside my comfort zone. First a background note. Here in the UK if a tax-paying UK resident makes a donation to a charity the charity can claim 28p in the back from the Revenue Authority. This is called Gift Aid. Thus a 100 donation becomes 128 to the charity.

So, I have a form showing 'AmountDonated', GiftAid (a yes/no field showing whether the donation qualifies as GiftAid) and a calculated control that multiplies 'AmountDonated' by 1.28. I need to make the calculation conditional on 'GiftAid'=yes. Can someone point the way and say which event procedure is applicable.
    =IIF(GiftAid=True, AmountDonated*1.28, AmountDonated)
    Mark Liquorman
    See my website for Tips & Downloads and for my Liquorman Utilities.

Star Lounger
    Rickmansworth, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
    Thanks
    Thanks, Mark. I had to shorten your expression to '=IIF(GiftAid=True, AmountDonated*1.28)' before it worked.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by roger trigg View Post
    Thanks, Mark. I had to shorten your expression to '=IIF(GiftAid=True, AmountDonated*1.28)' before it worked.
    It is odd that you had to shorten it, the standard version of an IFF statement has 3 parts, just as Mark posted.
    • A test to perform
    • An action to perform if the test is true
    • an action to perform if the test is false.
    If GiftAid is false , do you want the original AmountDonated to appear in the calculated column?
    Regards
    John