Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Tried to install the latest Java Update patch-#20 yesterday....I got an Error saying---"Unable to validate security integrity on the file. File is either corrupted or unsigned".....Suggestions...??....thanx
    H/P Pavilion a6400f / Pent Dual Core / Win Vista-SP2 / IE 9 / Chrome / OFFICE 2007 / AVG2015 (Free) / MalwareBytes / Windows Firewall / Verizon DSL / E-mail AOL9.7 / Printer H/P OfficeJet 6700 All In One / Canon SX160 Camera / CCleaner2014 (Free)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Download the complete update from Download Java for Windows from Sun Microsystems and try again.

Joe
    Joe

Thanks
    Although you are not supposed to have to manually uninstall earlier Java versions any longer, supposedly the new version will uninstall the older version, I might suggest in addition to downloading the entire update as Joe suggested, manually uninstall the old version(s) with Control Panel/ Programs and Features (I forget in Vista if it's Programs and Features or still Add Remove Programs as in XP). Once you have uninstall all Java versions, then install the full download package.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Joe and Ted.....will do as you suggest.....thanx to you both.....
    H/P Pavilion a6400f / Pent Dual Core / Win Vista-SP2 / IE 9 / Chrome / OFFICE 2007 / AVG2015 (Free) / MalwareBytes / Windows Firewall / Verizon DSL / E-mail AOL9.7 / Printer H/P OfficeJet 6700 All In One / Canon SX160 Camera / CCleaner2014 (Free)