3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello,

I have a 3000 line Excel spreadsheet with about 20 columns that are sortable.
    All of my columns are showing "ALL" yet I can see from the numerical column on the far left, that there are rows still hidden.

I have tried both the CTRL A (Select All) and Format>Row>Unhide as well as right clicking on the column on the far left, where the rows
    are missing and choosing UNHIDE, but that does not work.

The only way that works for me is to carefully move the cursor over numbered column on the far left until the cursor changes and then repeatedly double click on that region
    until all the hidden rows are visible. Some of the missing rows can range in the hundreds and I am trying to find an easy global command (or Macro is necessary) to unhide all the rows at once - otherwise
    I have to manually click and click and click through hundreds and hundreds of rows.

I am using Microsoft Excel 2003 on Windows XP and the spreadsheet is a normal unprotected spreadsheet.

Overall, I am puzzled as to why the CTRL A and Format>Row>Unhide command does not do what I think it should do.

Also, I am not sure how the rows got hidden, but I do know that I need to keep the column filtering capabilities, so I hope the back and forth filtering is not causing the rows to be hidden - especially when I return to the unfiltered - default view.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions offered.

Regards,

Jim

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello again,

The Excel 2003 spread sheet I am working on will be passed around to other users for review purposes.

With that said, is there a way to protect the spread sheet so that the rows ALWAYS remain visible (especially when there is no filtering taking place in the various columns)?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Regards,

Jim

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Are you sure that the rows are literally hidden, or have they had their row height set to zero (or a very small number)? What happens if you select some rows either side of the "hidden" ones and then change the row height to a standard value (e.g. 12.75)?

Thanks
    You might also check to see if they happen to be grouped
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello,

I tried to adjust all the rows to a specific height, but that did not fix the problem.

Also, I have not used any of the drawing tools, but since this spread sheet is being passed around
    to different users, I checked and nothing is grouped at this time.

I guess any one of my columns could be causing the rows to be be hidden, but to be honest, I have not noticed a problem up until now.

Can a simple Macro be used that will unhide every row that in the spreadsheet?

Thanks again for the suggestions.

-J

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Can you post a sample of the workbook? Since it's an issue with the rows being hidden or their height, you can delete all of the data.