Star Lounger
    Thanks
    This seems like such a simple question but Googling didn't find me a clear answer . . .

Does the installation process for the editions of MS Office 2007 that include Outlook provide the option NOT to install Outlook?

Other than losing the functionality that comes with Outlook, are there any consequences for choosing not to install it?

Thanks.

ggeinec

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    You may choose to not install Outlook by performing a custom install and deselecting Outlook. If you don't need Outlook there is no need to install it. If you use any "mail to" functionality you just need to be sure that your e-mail program is registered as the default for email.

Joe
    Joe

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
    You may choose to not install Outlook by performing a custom install and deselecting Outlook. If you don't need Outlook there is no need to install it. If you use any "mail to" functionality you just need to be sure that your e-mail program is registered as the default for email.

Joe
    Thanks! I was hoping it was this easy.

ggeinec

Lounger
    Thanks

Joe

What alternativeail programs mkight one choose???

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    You could use Windows Live Mail or Thunderbird or a web interface among others.

Joe
    Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks

Joe
    It worked for Office 2003. I assume Office 2007 is not any different. But what annoyed me no end is that Microsoft kept on trying to send me Outlook spam-filter updates. I have not installed it, yet, on my new Windows 7 computer, but I assume Microsoft will keep on trying to give Outlook spam-filter updates to me. maybe I missed a setting when installing Office 2003 on my Windows XP computer.