Lounger
    Thanks
    I am running Windows 7 Home Premium and Firefox 3.6.3 browser. Suddenly I cannot open multiple browser windows from my taskbar icon. I have read input on the Mozilla site suggesting trying safe mode. When I run in safe mode, all is properly functioning. I have disabled all extensions and plug-ins (under tools/add-ons) and I cannot open multiple windows. Does anyone know what else firefox safe mode is disabling that I can try to troubleshot? Many thanks for any assistance rendered.

Thanks
    Can you explain this a little bit more. Is the problem that (1) Firefox won't let you open a new window (e.g., using Ctrl+N or shift+click a link), or (2) once Firefox is running, you can't open a new window using the program icon on the "Quick Launch" part of the task bar, or (3) some Firefox windows are invisible on the Task Bar?

Lounger
    Thanks
    I apologize for unclear description of issue. The area of concern is the Quick Launch immediately to the right of the word "start." My Firefox icon is there. After I click on the icon to open the first instance, the icon is covered up. The remaining 3 icons (Eudora, IE & Show desktop) shift to the right behind the instance of Firefox so there is not a problem with them. I can run Firefox -safe-mode and the problem is not there. I have disabled all extensions and plug-ins and themes is the default. None of this eliminates the problem.
    I CAN open a new window using Ctrl+t, ctrl+N or by clicking on file and selecting New Window. The safe mode is disabling something that abates the problem, but I am at a loss to figure out what it may be. Many thanks. (If this is still not clear enough, I can send screen shots.)

Lounger
    Thanks
    This issue continues unsolved. However, new information was discovered. The Firefox icon is getting "covered up" after opening one instance as previously reported. New observation is that the same behavior is occurring when the Eudora icon is clicked and when the IE icon is clicked.

I believe, though am not certain, that the undesirable behavior is a Windows 7 Home Premium issue rather than a Firefox issue.

I look forward to any suggestions.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Jones View Post
    I believe, though am not certain, that the undesirable behavior is a Windows 7 Home Premium issue rather than a Firefox issue.
    Sounds that way. Perhaps a Windows 7 person can confirm and we can slide this over to that forum.

Lounger
    Thanks
    I am hopeful this will be something that creates an "ah ha" moment for someone who has been there.

Thank you for staying on top of this.

Thanks
    Did you try locking the taskbar after you have the icons arranged the way you want them?
    Right click on a blank area of the task bar and select Lock the Taskbar.

Jerry

Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you for the suggestion. The task bar is locked. I have played with unlocking and relocking several times, all to no avail.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Success.......finally.

By default Windows 7 does not make the Quick Launch bar available.

The four items, Firefox, Eudora, IE and Show desktop were pinned to the taskbar.

I unpinned them and went to: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/975784 to learn how to enable the quick launch bar.

All is functioning perfectly now.

Many thanks for this forum.