4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have a worksheet with dates in a column....I have attached a sample...the dates are formatted as 01-Jan-1985, for example.

I want to use the "Custom" filter part of Excel (Data-Autofilter) where I can select 'Custom" and enter some filtering parameters. I cannot seem to make it work.....if, for example, I want to show all dates after, say, 06-Feb-1980 (ie: equal to or greater than 06-feb-1980)....I cannot make it filter those dates....any suggestions? Do I need to break up the dates into 3 columns (day, mth, yr)?...see sample...thank you./
    Attached Files Attached Files

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Fast way.

Dates are numbers. So in an open column put in the begin date and end date, make sure the cell is formatted as a number of general.

Now use those number in the custom box and you should get the filter. it worked for me.
    Tom Duthie

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    but when I put in date, and its formatted as a number, the date shows up as a number (sintead of a date)

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello - Using the worksheet you supplied ....
    Click the down arrow next to Date and choose Custom
    Click down arrow on the next screen on left side and choose "is greater than or equal to"
    On the right side of the same screen, click down arrow to see all of your dates and pick one (ie. 06/Feb/1980)

Tim

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you Tim....once I reformatted the dates (from mm-dd-yy to dd-mm-yy) it worked like a charm......I learn some new little trick each time I am here...