New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi all,

Some time ago in Windows Secrets, or maybe even Langa List there was an article about LP album to CD conversion. One or more of the recorder utilities described was able to interrogate the Internet when adding album, artist, song names and progressively fill in the data automatically.

Could someone please direct me to this article or similar or appropriate (if possible free) software.

Many Thanks
    Ken

Thanks
    A google search reveals many links on the how to do this. Unfortunately, most of the links I looked at require some sort of S/W to split the created wav fil into seperate songs and most of this S/W is not free. Some however have trial apps available.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I use Audacity for capturing LP and cassette recordings to digital format. Audacity is free and is very easy to use. You can clean up hiss and static, enhance bass, etc. You can easily split the songs up into individual files. As far as tagging, software depends on an existing tag to give a hint as to what the song/album is to do auto tagging. Usually naming the file with the song name is all you need. So just save the .wav files with the song name. Audacity lets you create tags to show where a new song starts. You can name the tag and then have it automatically create all the files at once. My preference is not use Audacity to create .mp3 files. Media Monkey is a more powerful tool for doing this.
    Chuck

Thanks
    EAC and LAME are free and is still among the top dogs. It has the capacity to "fill in"
    artist and album title information.

You'll have to have a way to interface an LP turntable with your computer...
    LP to cd converter

Hydrogenaudio Forums
    RIP Vinyl
    http://freeware4review.blogspot.com/...udio-copy.html
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.