New Lounger
    Thanks
    I get this RunDLL error every time I boot my Vista 64 machine. Google (oddly enough) doesn't find a single match on the entire WWW. Boy do I feel lonely ...

Oddly enough, I can find no reference to this command in neither MSConfig nor the Registry.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on here?

Thanks
    I do not know what's going on, but I would try a repair install. Slip in your Vista Disk, reboot from DVD and choose repair install. This may repair what ever dll file is corrupt. You appear to be correct that this particular dll does not show up in a web search.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Alkalay View Post
    I get this RunDLL error every time I boot my Vista 64 machine.

Oddly enough, I can find no reference to this command in neither MSConfig nor the Registry.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on here?
    Try using Autoruns for Windows or WhatInStartup - Disable/delete programs at Windows startup to manage what is loading when you boot the PC.

Note: Autoruns presents an enormous amount of information. You are interested in the Logon tab for right now.

Joe
    Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
    Try using Autoruns for Windows or WhatInStartup - Disable/delete programs at Windows startup to manage what is loading when you boot the PC.

Note: Autoruns presents an enormous amount of information. You are interested in the Logon tab for right now.

Joe
    Hi Joe,

Thanks for the suggestions. I tried them both, and I agree, "Autoruns" is far more comprehensive, but even it couldn't find anything. I tried the whole file name, then just "oledll" then "Direct.dll" then just the path up to "Local" but no luck on any of them. I wasn't certain if the search was on a global or tab by tab basis, so I did a search on each and every tab, but no luck whatsoever!

As Alice said, "Curiouser and curiouser..." -- back to the drawing board I guess...

Mike

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Alkalay View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions. I tried them both, and I agree, "Autoruns" is far more comprehensive, but even it couldn't find anything. I tried the whole file name, then just "oledll" then "Direct.dll" then just the path up to "Local" but no luck on any of them. I wasn't certain if the search was on a global or tab by tab basis, so I did a search on each and every tab, but no luck whatsoever!
    Was there anything you did not recognize in the Logon tab?

Joe
    Joe