New Lounger
    Thanks
    Just bought a Lenovo G555 laptop, while cleaning it up I deleted the VeriFace (face recognition software). The issue now is every time I boot up the laptop it complains cannot find the VeriFace.exe. Does anyone know what program is trying to call up this application?

Thanks,

Clover

Thanks
    No, but it should be a simple matter of getting it back from Lenovo Support & downloads.
    The os is looking for a driver and software that It needs to run this from b/c the hardware is stll present. If you don't intend to use it anymore, disable it from within Device Manager.
    Otherwise check the above support website for it's driver and related software.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,056 Times in 925 Posts
    You can also use WhatInStartup - Disable/delete programs at Windows startup to manage the programs that start when you boot the PC.

Joe
    Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for the replies. I'll give your suggestions a try

Clover

New Lounger
    Thanks
    tried it all, but no luck in getting that message to go away when starting the laptop. I know it must be some application that is calling for veriface prior to the os being loaded. I just have not had any luck finding it.

Clover

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,056 Times in 925 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Clover View Post
    tried it all, but no luck in getting that message to go away when starting the laptop. I know it must be some application that is calling for veriface prior to the os being loaded. I just have not had any luck finding it.
    Once the system is booted check to see if there are services configured as "Automatic" that are not started. If you recognize the offender you change change is to "Disabled" and that will stop it.

Joe
    Joe

Thanks
    It sound as if it didn't get uninstalled correctly. Reinstall the software and driver, Boot, then remove/disable the software from starting, as in JoeP's recommendation, then uninstall it as usual.(either through it's own uninstaller or via control panel)
    Then disable it's hardware device from device manager.

Some software and drivers require that they be disabled as a running service or startup process prior to full uninstallation.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    My thanks to everyone that have replied to my question. I will give these later suggestions a try, with luck that will do the trick. Let you know if I have had any luck.

Clover

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I seemed to have fixed my issue. I went into the boot registry and deleted all the entries that showed Veriface. Seemed to have done the trick.

Clover